Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Crab Quiche


This is a modified version of a simple crab quiche I found on All Recipes.com.

I added shallots, lemon juice, and zest to make the flavors a bit more complex.
I used hand-cracked snow crab legs. I also doubled the original amount because crab is delicious and if I'm going to make crab quiche, then, by golly, you are going to know it's crab quiche with every single bite. I added an additional egg to make sure I could contain the extra crab (just barely). I did stay with the store-bought crust because I am not a baker and I didn't want to risk messing up all that crabby loveliness.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 cups crab meat
  • 1 cup diced Swiss cheese
  • 1/4 cup diced green onions
  • 1/4 cup diced shallots
  • Zest and juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, mayonnaise, flour, and milk until thoroughly blended.
  3. Arrange crab, cheese, shallots, and onion evenly into bottom of the pie shell.
  4. Sprinkle lemon zest and juice over the filling.
  5. Pour egg mixture over the top.
  6. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments: